Sunday, 20 September 2015

My Roland Mouret Elara top version


This is the original RM Elara Top

And here is my version.

I have used Stretch Cotton in  light lemon color with white facing.

Sunday, 6 September 2015

My Roland Mouret Sitona Arreton skirt version


I don't know with you, but I used to like mini skirts but it seems my taste has changed lately and then I don't feel comfortable or great using mini skirt, now I am in love with midi skirts and for quite a bit I have wanted a off white midi skirt.

After doing RM Agonum top  I did have some Off white crepe left, so I decided to sew a Midi skirt making a mix of RM Sitona skirt  back side and Arreton Skirt front side. It takes time for me to publish a new sewing project since apart from a full time job I work with draping for making my own patterns and then fitting, plus I have to buy from abroad all the things I need.

RM Sitona (back side) & Arreton skirt (Front Side)
Front and back of my toile. The most problematic part I did have it was with the front side, I love hugging clothes. Something that helped me to make the fitting in the front a bit better was two Things:  The darts must be under at the same distance as my areolas and the point of the dart must end in the most protrude part of my lower abs.

Front of the Skirt

Back of the skirt

Here is the front and back parts of my off-white skirt, They look with very strange from, but that's because I like normally to have a lot of extra seam allowance for making the last fitting.
 Back side of the Skirt

Front side of the Skirt
 Placement of the zipper
 Finished Front side
Finished Back side
Here it's me with my New Off White midi skirt.

Saturday, 22 August 2015

My Roland Mouret Off white Agonum Top version


I love this top, its like a piece of architecture and also challenging.

Roland Mouret Agonum Top

The top required 2 types of interfacing. I used Vanilla silk crepe de chine and off white wool crepe. I did use Heat n'bond and stretch interfacing.

First we must start with the toile or patternmaking.

Here its the toile I did.

The toile
Then, The construction, I could have used cotton interfacing but instead I wanted to try bonding two fabrics together, specially for the panel in the bottom part of the top.
For the Bust part of the top I used Fashion fabric wool crepe+Heat n' bond+cotton sateen.
For the top panel at the bottom I used one piece of wool crepe folded and bond together with heat n' bond.
The front part of the top are made of wool crepe and Silk crepe de chine interfaced with stretch jersey.

The back parts of the top are made of wool crepe and silk crepe de chine as lining no interfacing at all.
Ready for work using my new RM Top.


Sunday, 9 August 2015

My Roland Mouret Neon Green Betley Top version


In my fabrics stash I did have some pieces of neon green crepe fabric. I love that color, and I did really want to do a Top with it.

So, I managed to do a Top based on the dress from Roland Mouret called Betley, but I didn't have enough fabric for me to  be able to make the front part  in one piece that's why you see the top front part made of two pieces sew together. (Picture 1), the original do not have it.

Picture 1
Picture 2
I didn't want the front part to be open in the belly area. I did also a small change in the back.
It's done...!