Celebrating..! Anniversary Sewing Project.

Hello

Every 13th of each month my husband and I says to each other: Congratulations.! Thats the day we met.

For us it's more important the day we met than the day we married.

Every year the 13th of October we go out to celebrate. This year I have planned a surprise.


We will stay in a nice Hotel and have dinner in a romantic restaurant. 

For this special occasion  I thought about sewing a midi pencil skirt in neon pink lambskin. 

I made a toile and draw the pattern. I wasn't sure if I wanted to use lining or not but at the end I decided for lining. I bought neon pink poplin and riri 2447 pink both ways zipper.

Because I couldn't cut the front and back of the skirt in one piece of leather then the pattern of the skirt ended up been a paneled skirt.

Front skirt panels

Back skirt Panels

The thickness of the leather is 1mm. It was important that the pattern was already shaped to my body form and curves. The leather is not stretchy. In the pattern pictures you can see that the shape of the darts are not straight as a standard pattern. For the seam allowances I used leather glue for flattening them. 

Inside of the skirt Front side

Inside of the skirt Bad side with zipper






This is my first leather Project and I am quite happy. I really need a stronger machine. Because even when I used leather thread, leather needle, walking foot, it was not an easy job for my sewing machine.

My little dulle's bag is also made of the same leather. This bag was handcrafted by a leather artisan on my request. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My TIBI Skirt version

My Roland Mouret Neon Green Betley Top version

My Roland Mouret Lush dress version