My Versace bralette version (Cropped bustier)

Hello

I am fan of neon colors. This summer I bought finally a neon green dress and a neon pink long stretchy dress. A good neon green stretch fabric is not easy to find.

S/S 2019 Versace collection had neon pink and yellow, I love it. Also 80's style pants with a modern twist, tighter and gold zippers with the medusa logo that is the stamp of Versace.
I used a pattern called Esplanade bra. I did small modifications: Instead of using the bra hook-ups I used a side end-separating zipper, versace bralette has a soft cup with underwire, I decided to use foaming cup in my one. 



I used power net/mesh as my base. Stretch white cotton satin as lining and a colourful jersey as fashion fabric.




I learned alot making this bralette top. As the first time I should have done a sewing sequence, because on the road I found challenges that could have been avoided. 






I really did this sewing project more difficult than it should have been, but I love it, it has been a great project to sew. The stretch of each fabric was not the same. That was not good. The 3 layers of fabric plus the foam, that was tough to sew.  

I really want to do a second one, with a beautiful versace silk I have, with soft underwire cup and lapped zipper like the original bralette was done.






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My TIBI Skirt version

My Roland Mouret Neon Green Betley Top version

My Roland Mouret Lush dress version