Corset 1715 Pattern by Caroline Woollin

 Hello

I bought this Corset pattern in Etsy, the pattern is called c1715 by Caroline Woollin. I already started to have an idea of how I do want my Corset to look like. I did have a gorgeous neon pink wool fabric, and I have some pieces of neon italian ribbed knit fabric, I bought neon pink rounded cord, I had pink silk fabric which I used as lining. 

I made a toile of size UK 10. It fits perfectly. 




Lining: I did have to use another silk fabric in the bust because I didn't have enough of the darker pink fabric.

This is a modern version of the corset. I sew a end-separated zipper. I bought a dyeable cotton zipper, I did so because I know how difficult is to find a neon pink zipper which could match with the fashion fabric. I dye the zipper and I was really happy with the result. 

For the straps, I bought a neon pink rounded cord from Minerva haberdashery, it was not exactly the same color, but I did like how it looks. When I sew the toile the only thing that it wasn't right for me was the length of the straps, so I did reduce the length. 

Here is the result..!!! I love this pink corset, the most difficult part was the binding, its not perfect but good enough. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My TIBI Skirt version

My Roland Mouret Neon Green Betley Top version

My Roland Mouret Herbert dress version