My Black Patbo inspired dress


Hello

This year outfit for my husband and I anniversary is inspired by Patbo. 




I must say that the most difficult material for making this dress was not the netting skirt fabric or the black lycra but the fringes trim, I was looking for the exact model, without luck, so I did have to use another fringe design.



Instead of a net style fabric I decided to use chiffon, the net type fabric give  me a beach vibe and I am not going to the beach. Here is the solution for the fringes. 


For making this dress, the best is to have a whole swimsuit pattern and draw the design, in that way you know that it will work for Lycra stretch factor.



To sew the fringes, I did have to measure it with the whole dress already assembled due to stretch factor, something that the fringes trims do not have. 
I did want to hide all the sewing but due to fit I ended up top stitching the fringes and Gimp cord. 



For the armholes I used Fold-On-Elastic in black as binding, using the matte side and a small zigzag stitch.


For the hem of the skirt I did use a very small overlocked. I decided not to add a ruffle at the bottom of the skirt. 

In the back part of the dress, I used a small zig-zag. 

Ready for Dinner





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My TIBI Skirt version

My Roland Mouret Neon Green Betley Top version

My Roland Mouret Herbert dress version