Lace dress (Dolce and Gabbana Inspired)


Hello

In my wardrobe is hanging a beautiful Dolce and Gabbana bodysuit. Since then I have been looking for a nice Black lace dress, but I really love Dolce and Gabbana lace dresses style, what it's more difficult to like is the price ☹️



In a trip to Barcelona I found a really nice fabric store, I made a inspiration collage which I could show and get help to find a nice lace fabric for my sewing project. 



Back from Spain I started to thread mark the pattern, I wanted to be done with the dress before my husband and I anniversary. We have a reservation in a nice french restaurant.

Front skirt

Back Skirt

Top's Front
Sleeves
Top's back

The second step is to take away the sequins that are in the stitchline including those in the darts. A long and meticulous process.

Finally, it's time to sew.  I started sewing the darts. The darts were wide enough for sewing a French seam.

After sewing the darts I decided to sew back parts of the dress and add the zipper. I have never sewn a Lapped zipper but I am very happy with the result. I also sew bias binding on the edges.




This is the first time I sew a lace dress, it's not an easy fabric to work with and it's so delicate. I saw many videos and photos and I still didn't know how to finish the neckline. At the end I sew a 3 mm black ribbon around  and cut away the extra seam allowance, I hope you can see it in the Picture. I really like how it looks, simple and keep the shape of the neck.  For me, the most critical parts of the dress are done (neck and zipper).


I want to add that for every step, darts, zipper, neck, I ironed and ironed and ……. ironed, using a Cotton cloth.  

The last sewing step is to add the sleeves. More iron and..... 



Here it is...!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My TIBI Skirt version

My Roland Mouret Neon Green Betley Top version

My Roland Mouret Lush dress version