Versace cropped top (Bralette) Version 2

Hello

After making my first bra top inspired by Versace bralette. I couldn't let it go. I decided to make a second one that could resemble the original, I have a original Versace silk fabric and I bought black silk crepe for the lining and all the details that are part of the Versace bralette top.

This time I decided to make my own pattern, taking into considerations:

1.- The top has a soft cup, and it only use bra underwire.
2.- The bust pattern do not have 3 parts. It has just two, upper and lower part, the lower part has a dart that helps to get the bust shape.


The front body is one piece, side lapped zipper, no bonning, the back part of the bralette: I have seen two versions, the first version its made of 3 pieces of fabric. Second Version: One piece of fashion fabric.

 Back of the top made of 3 pieces of fabric

Back of the Top made of one piece of fashion fabric

I made 5 samples until I was happy with the fitting and shape of the bra cup.

Bra Cup

Bra cup With interfacing

Front part of the bralette, just the cups are interfaced

The lining has been interfaced except the lining of the bra cups. I didn't want to interface both lining and fashion fabric bra cups. 
I couldn't find a lace similar to the one use in the Versace bralette top, also I found a bit difficult to understand how it was sew to the top part of the bust cup, my mother-in-Law thinks that the lace were not sewn together with the lining and fashion fabric, but topstitch around the area. If Someone has the original top, could you please tell me how this look like.

Top of the bust cup





Front part of the bralette top with black silk lining.

Back of the top, lining. 

Back of the top, Fashion fabric

Side Lapped Zipper

Front of the Bralette top, Right Side






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My TIBI Skirt version

My Roland Mouret Neon Green Betley Top version

My Roland Mouret Lush dress version